Party Lights Cause Outdoor Electrical Fire in Rosemary Beach?
Our local Destin, Seaside, and Freeport teams restore fire damage every year. Ocean City residents spend a lot of time outdoors, and party lights are a popular way to illuminate backyards at night.
Here is some information from the National Fire Protection Association for staying safe around electrical equipment and powerlines.
- Have a qualified electrician do all electrical work
- To prevent an electric shock, make sure all your outside electrical receptacles are ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protected
- Use lighting and power tools that are listed by a qualified test laboratory and make sure they are made for outdoor use
- Store your electric tools indoors
- Keep electric tools away from children
- Check lighting and extension cords for damage before using. Replace damaged cords right away.
- Use extension cords listed by a qualified test laboratory and marked for outdoor use. Extension cords are not meant for long-term use.
Have a professional tree-cutting service trim branch that might fall on electric wiring. Use a wooden or fiberglass ladder outside. Keep the ladder at least 10 feet away from power lines. Never touch anyone or anything in contact with a downed wire. Power lines may be live; stay a safe distance away. Report downed wires to authorities right away.
Call Us Today!
Our team in Destin, Seaside, and Freeport is Here to Help ® when your Rosemary Beach home or business has fire damage. Call us today at 850-267-0746.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.