What is the Fastest Way to Remove Flood Water from My Destin Area Restaurant?
With our local roster, our SERVPRO team can reach your damaged Destin Area business quickly after a storm loss or flood.
When you run a restaurant in the Santa Rosa Beach area, the smallest of disasters can have magnified effects throughout the entire structure. Without the appropriate response to the emergency, you can find yourself unable to meet the requirements of staying open or working as efficiently as possible to get the doors back open again. Flooding can be one of the disasters that can have widespread hazardous effects, so we strive to provide immediate responses when you need it most.
After a severe weather event, you can battle both structural and flood damage for your Santa Rosa Beach restaurant. Even with clean water incidents that can occur from breaches in the roof or construction of the building, standing water presents enough of a detrimental condition that can keep you from safely serving your loyal customers. Our SERVPRO professionals must first determine how destructive of a situation that your business faces when we first arrive to help.
How Do You Stop Flooding from Getting Worse?
Mitigation is one of the critical elements of recovering your business, and that begins as soon as our professionals arrive. In most situations where flooding has occurred, we rely on emergency services as well to gain control of a flooded area and begin returning it to its original condition. The blend of mitigation and emergency services encompasses many tasks and experienced professionals of our team, helping us to make the ultimate recovery of your Santa Rosa Beach property less expensive and faster. Some of the areas of focus after flooding include:
- Containment – To prevent the spread of damaging effects throughout the entire restaurant, we can establish physical barriers to prevent the migration of water. When flooding has occurred in the kitchen area, containing the damage can prevent costly damages to dining area carpet, furniture, and fixtures.
- Structural Repairs – Our professionals can begin working to restore your business as soon as we arrive, and that includes controlled demolition and temporary construction solutions provided by our in-house licensed contractors.
- Mitigation – There are many phases of mitigation, and the ultimate goal of each is to reduce costs, losses, and time for restoration to complete. From extraction and drying to deodorization and microbial remediation, we can help to keep the situation from getting out of control.
What Threats Should I Know About Active Flooding?
Whether natural flooding occurs or not, there are many threats to flooding in your restaurant. Not only does this situation often force you to close your doors to customers temporarily, but several conditions make it challenging for you to remain in the damaged areas. Appreciating the severity of these conditions can help to encourage the securing of professional restoration technicians like our SERVPRO team. You should be mindful of:
- Structural Deterioration – Without full working knowledge of water migration throughout your restaurant, structural elements could begin to deteriorate if they do not get the drying and restoration attention they need.
- Standing Water – Standing water alone can present slips and falls hazards, though its ultimate threat lies in how quickly exposed materials and contents can absorb it. From the tables and chairs in your dining area to the carpeting in the manager’s office, standing water can be a challenge to remove.
- Shock – With so many industrial-grade appliances and tools that get used in the kitchen areas of your restaurant, standing and rising waters present electric shock hazards when the water levels come into contact with active currents.
- Contamination – Natural flooding is one of the most destructive disasters, primarily because of how all of the surfaces and contents exposed must get treated as though they have become contaminated by bacteria. With many floods introducing contaminants into a workspace, this is an added obstacle in restoring your restaurant.
How Long Do Extraction and Drying Take?
While we would love to tell each customer the precise amount of time that recovery and restoration should take in their property, this is not always possible. Many restoration tasks must delve much more deeply than superficial concerns, and addressing moisture in structural cavities or dampness of subflooring might take longer than initially anticipated. The length of a restoration project involves:
- Size of the affected area
- Saturation of materials and contents
- Believed levels of contamination
It is always the priority of our restoration team to provide the most efficient and cost-effective service for our customers. We can work around the clock to get your doors back open again after a flood loss. Give our SERVPRO of Destin, Seaside, and Freeport team a call anytime that you need us at (850) 267-0746.